A whale watching cruise can change your whole perspective on life – it can touch the deepest of emotions – overwhelm you with love and affection for life and nature – have you feeling all warm and fuzzy, sharing these experiences with others – and this is all just at the sight of one of the most magnificent mammals on this planet, the humpback whale.
Humpback whales can sense your nearness and hear your excitement and joy as they approach our boat. Come aboard Mooloolaba's newest sailing sensation, Double J for the adventure of a lifetime!
Throughout June, July and August we seek out these magnificent whales on their migration to tropical North Queensland waters to breed. From mid-August through September and October, the humpback whales slowly head back south to Antarctica with their calves, often resting and playing along the way. The waters out from Mooloolaba are an ideal place to do this, so get ready for the best views and live whale entertainment you’ll ever see!
This year will be an even bigger year than the last with the population of humpback whales increasing by around 15% per annum.
Last year, we had an estimated number of over 20,000 whales visiting our waters and saw the largest number of calves born in 50 years! This all means this year will be even better than ever, so we welcome you to join us and share this amazing opportunity.
See curious whales of all ages approaching the boat to perform their magnificent breaches, throwing tail lobs, spy hopping and performing their classic peduncle throws!
Don't miss a chance to see "Migaloo" the mighty white whale..
All will be explained by our informative skipper who has a passion for the sea and the many creatures, large and small that call the oceans home.
- We provide complimentary tea, coffee and water upon boarding.
- We are licensed and stock a concise range of soft drinks, beers and wines. We also have chips, plush whales and caps of sale. EFT available.
We ask that you bring along:
- a warm jacket (it is always a few degrees cooler on the water)
- cap, sunscreen and either white soled non marking shoes or be happy to take your shoes off as we have teak decks.
- Be prepared for the seas, you may experience motion sickness esp if you've not sailed before. We advise you visit the pharmacy or health store as prevention is always better than cure.
We only carry a Maximum of 12 passengers. Recommended for 5 years and over.
*Duration of the trips may be subject to change according to whale activity, sea and wind conditions.
**All cruises are subject to weather conditions**
If a cruise is cancelled due to bad weather we will invite you to reschedule your booking.