The experience of a lifetime
The humpback whale migration is one of the most magnificent natural encounters we can have. You can feel the excitement all around as we look along the horizon for the first blow or splash from these gentle giants. These amazing animals can sense us near them and curiously swim up to see our excitement - get up close to experience their breathtaking breaches, loud tail and pec slaps, tail lobs, spy hops and performing their classic peduncle throws! Join our friendly crew on board Whale One for an unforgettable adventure on the sea!
Wild One will awaken your senses, taking you on a fast, fun-filled ride while scanning the horizons for the humpbacks. This 2-hour cruise will not only thrill, but entertain you as we take you out of Mooloolaba along the beautiful coastline of the Sunshine Coast.
Wild One is a 14 metre boat powered by 4 x 350 HP Yamaha motors. Gets you to the whales quick.
Get up close and personal to these gentle giants of the sea on this low-set vessel. Experience the intimacy of being in a small group.
About the humpback whale migration
Each year thousands of Humpback Whales migrate along the eastern side of Australia. They migrate from their summer feeding grounds in Antarctica to their breeding grounds in Northern Queensland, during their migration these whales are known to venture close to the shoreline, giving thousands of locals and tourist a glimpse of their inquisitive natures and spectacular antics.
June to August: The humpbacks embark on their migration to tropical North Queensland waters to breed and mate
Mid-August through to November: The humpbacks slowly head back south to Antarctica with their newborn calves, often resting and playing along the way.
The safe and warm waters out from Mooloolaba are a favourite place for these beautiful animals, so get ready for some of the best views and live whale entertainment you’ll ever see!
The 2018 whale migration will be a bigger year, as marine biologists have found the population of humpback whales are increasing by around 10% per annum!
* Last year we had an estimated number of over 16,000 whales visiting our waters and saw the largest number of calves born in 50 years .
Our Skippers and crew are very experienced and have a deep love and knowledge of whales. They enjoying sharing their passion for whales and are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
A little more about our cruise...
- 100% guaranteed sightings - cruise again FREE or receive a refund when you book direct with us
- Licensed on board bar & kiosk - No BYO
- Due to AMSA safety restrictions, there is NO wheelchair access available
- Whilst all efforts will be made to ensure that your whale experience is an enjoyable one it is important to remember that these whales are wild animals - they do not perform on cue! We are Eco-tourism certified and are committed to minimising the disturbance that our whale watching cruises make to the whales we are watching.
- It is recommend that patrons allow 30 minutes to find parking and walk to the boarding area
*** We do our best to make sure the utmost comfort and safety of our passengers is observed at all times and ask that anyone who may be pregnant, suffer a medical condition that may cause a risk to their health, we advise you check with your doctor or health practitioner prior to sea travel. Unfortunately not suitable for children under 4 years old. Please also note we do not have wheelchair access on this vessel.